Wednesday, August 11, 2010

the Dirtbombs new 7"


Last year Cass Records put out a Dirtbombs 12" called "Race To The Bottom". I played it once, it's full of synthesizer noodling, no music. A couple of months later I recieved an email from Ben Blackwell, who runs Cass Records and is playing drums in the Dirtbombs. It was a call to action; damage the 12", send it to the label and in return you would recieve a normal 7" with 2 Dirtbombs tracks. I smashed the 12", wich was killing me because it does big $$$ on ebay. This week I got the 7", two tracks, "Kick Me" and "The Crunch", on grey swirly vinyl.

This baby is doin' even more on ebay right now, but that's not the point. It's a limited pressing of 200, not available in stores or at the label. The only way to get this release is the way I did. Both tracks are covers of songs by Ray Columbus, a New Zealand garagerocker.

2 comments:

robdaswamp said...

Update; the 7" is "sold" out, no copies left @ Cass Records

robdaswamp said...
This comment has been removed by the author.